CORPORATE BUG SWEEPS – WE DETECT ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE DEVICES AND GPS TRACKERS
Bug Sweeps are now common practice for businesses. We are now finding more and more cases of eavesdropping, and the reasons vary from:
- Disgruntled employees
- Ex employees moving across to a competitor, or starting their own business
- Business break ups, directorship fallouts
- Legal battles
- Competitors eavesdropping to find out new sales & marketing ideas
- Intellectual property theft
SIGNS YOUR BUSINESS MAY BE BUGGED
- Competitors are aware of confidential information, new marketing strategies, product specifications etc
- You have lost clients to a competitor
- Competitors have introduced a product or idea that was yours
WHEN TO CONDUCT BUG SWEEPS OF YOUR OFFICE
It is good practice for those who are security conscious to conduct bug sweeps prior to any general meetings, or meetings that are of a sensitive nature, or when you suspect that information has leaked from your office.
For those professionals who are also conducting business dealings from their home, a bug sweep of the house and car is also recommended.
IMPORTANT STEPS: HOW TO HIRE US FOR BUG SWEEPS
- DO NOT call us from the area that you are concerned about. Please make the call from a secure location.
- DO NOT discuss your concerns with anyone else, as you may just be alerting the person involved.
- DO contact us as early as possible. Prompt bug sweeps will prove beneficial as it will give us time to detect bugs that are battery operated and still active.
- Make notes about suspicious activity or persons who may have had access to the areas of concern.
OUR BUG SWEEPS CAN DETECT THE FOLLOWING DEVICES
- GSM BUGS
The GSM bug is now the most common device used for eavesdropping. They are inexpensive and can be purchased online very easily from within Australia or overseas. They are either battery operated lasting a few weeks, or can be run from your buildings power and last indefinitely. The GSM bug can be accessed from anywhere in the world and can be setup to alert the bugger only when sound has been detected, which means they are not always transmitting a signal.
- RF transmitters
The RF transmitting bug is also another very common and easily accessible listening device. They are inexpensive and are easy to install and monitor. They can also be powered by battery or the buildings power. A listening post can be set up close by to record the conversation, or it can transmit a signal to the eavesdropper nearby.
- DIGITAL / ANALOGUE Phone Taps
We have specialised equipment to scan your digital IP phone system and computer network for buried bugs. These eavesdropping devices can use your network to transmit intercepted private conversations or meetings. Digital phone system eavesdropping devices can also encrypt the transmission making it difficult to detect as most general counter surveillance equipment will not be able to detect the device. Our equipment has the ability to decrypt the communications of about 80% of the digital phone systems in the market today, and we are constantly updating the encryption codes for more.
- Hidden Video Cameras
Our bug sweeps will also detect hidden video cameras. This could included the office toilets and shower rooms, to boardrooms and general office space. There has been many cases where hidden video cameras have been detected in bathrooms and toilet facilities.
- GPS Trackers
GPS trackers have become very popular also and are easily purchased online. Because of their burst mode transmissions, they can be difficult to detect. Our bug sweeps will detect burst mode transmissions and help identify these devices.